Monday 26 September 2011

Show Me How

This is a book I bought from work which I found really interesting. It's made up of lots of double page spreads which are guides on how to do things in everyday life. I really like the stylized style of the book, it gives the feel of an infographic and comes across quite quirky in it's design. 
Im thinking about designing my London guide based on this style or similar. I think I could use the iconic landscapes of London and simplify them into illustrations like these ones to make something really modern and fresh looking whilst still being informative. And I might be able to project a sense of fun into the spread in the same way the designers of this book have with their instructions and diagrams.

I've also decided to use the same dimensions for my spread, since the design will be inspired by this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment