Thursday 11 August 2011

Back to the Future: The Game

Back to the Future: The Game is a point and click adventure game based on the original movies. It's fairly new and I've recently been playing it so I've chosen to use this game as the subject for my game review article. I think it will be interesting to design a spread around it as I'm a fan of the series and it's already well-known so there'll be lots of resources I can use for inspiration and research. I also like it because it's very colourful and different compared to most popular video games at the moment, which are mostly serious moody first person shooters. I think I could have a lot of fun with the design.
I've already been looking at some spreads that feature movie inspired games from this period so this will be useful when deciding how to display a similar topic.


For this spread I will need to have find an article and collect content such as artwork and screenshots from this game that can be used in my design. I want my spread to appeal to fans of the series and capture the excitement that the creators have tried to instill in this product. If I want to design a spread that draws on the style of the game I will need to research existing branding such as websites, posters, advertising, logo design and anything associated with the original franchise of movies that it's based on. I'm already aware of several iconic features of this franchise that would be good to feature in my design (Marty, Doc and the Delorean for example). These are what fans think of when they hear Back to the Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment