Sunday 7 August 2011

Finalising Design

When finishing off my design I added in the footer with a page number and the name of the magazine (TyreTrax). I thought to continue the minimalistic style I'd only add one page number and one magazine title on opposite sides of the page. I think this keeps the design cleaner and arguably less redundant as one page number is all you really need to tell you what 'double page' you're on.

Another alteration was changing the alignment of the fact file. The bottom now sits parallel with the top of the car and the header on the opposite page which raises the fact file up slightly and keeps the spread from looking too bottom heavy I feel. This became apparent after adding the page footers. However keeping it clearly aligned to other design objects stops it from looking like it's just floating and thus separated from the rest of the design.

I had originally designed the fact file with a vertical line leading to the car like a diagram. I've since removed this line as I feel it was quite a redundant feature. Since there's only one image of the car that takes up the whole spread it would be obvious to the reader what the fact file was talking about so there is no need to have it. This also maintains the clean design style I've been trying to achieve with this spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment