Monday 15 August 2011

Development

I started to develop one of the ideas I was most interested in. I really like the idea of having the iconic main characters back to back in the middle. I think it would really bring the two pages together and I can balance the spread around the center. I want to have the characters looking at parts of the spread that are supposed to attract attention or be read first. So for example the left character can be facing the header with the header aligned to the top of the characters head so the eye is lead across from one to the other. The other character can be looking at the pull quote. This is useful as the characters in the center will be the first thing people see which then lead the reader to the next stages of the layout. The article or the pull quote.

As I wrote under the sketch it's hard to tell how many columns I should use at this moment. It all depends on how the cut-outs fit into the spread as I want the article to be text wrapped around the characters so they're all interlinked. This will mean the column width can't be too narrow so a 4 or 5 column layout may be suitable. I think when I start building the grid I will put the character cut-outs in first and then figure out the best column number for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment