Tuesday 2 August 2011

Test Shots

After I found a location I thought would be suitable I took my car out with a Casio Exilim 8 megapixel camera and took some test shots to get a feel of how well the car would look in this location, as well as how good it would look when placed in the layout design.


Light is probably the biggest issue here. I think the light reflecting through the branches looks good in some shots but not in others. I think it depends where I put the car and which angle I was shooting from. I think there are potentially some good shots though. Also in low light levels the silver of the car doesn't stand out very much. In good light with lots of greenery there seems to be a nice contrast between the two. I think I could have done with some more close up shots if I had the time.

I will go back on another date with an SLR and a clean car to get more professional shots that will actually appear in the final piece. The photos I have will come in handy as I can create mock layouts and test different compositions between image and type.

No comments:

Post a Comment