Wednesday 13 July 2011

Interesting Layout


Saw this layout on a design blog. Thought it was a very interesting design. I like the way the article takes on a form of it's own and the two pages are like negatives of each other. I think it works really well visually.

I'm not sure how legible this article would be though (as this was a relatively small image). Looking at it again, I think it does function like most articles. It's basically 3 columns but the middle column is shorter and in the middle. To create this shape the designer has had to use less paragraph breaks, I noticed, and this could be less encouraging for the reader as it looks like a block of text, even if it looks nice. This has given me some ideas about different ways I could set the type on my layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment