Tuesday 12 July 2011

Nintendo Offical Magazine

As an avid fan of video games I think i'd enjoy designing a layout for a game review. This would be a good opportunity to do some writing of my own as I could easily rent a game, play it and write a real review based on my own thoughts and opinions.




Offical Nintendo Magazine is something I used to read often. They redesigned it in 2006 and I think the style works really well. The clean design and consistent colour scheme helps make the magazine look more professional and geared towards adults not just kids. This was a problem facing the company at time and Nintendo rebranded itself with the launch of the Wii, thus the magazine followed suit. I think ONM are good at laying out their images and text in a way that is quite in-depth but doesn't seem cluttered and illegible. The magazine is also well printed and the cover always has a nice finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment