Wednesday 7 September 2011

Further Alterations (Game Review)

I made some further alterations to the previous spread I designed featuring a game review. On closer inspection I noticed that the scaling of the images was a bit off. When printed, they looked over-sized compared to the ones found in other magazines I looked at. I realized I hadn't judged the size of the spread properly because I'd spent all the time looking at it on screen which isn't to scale.

This was a problem when it came to adding finishing touches like a header and footer. There was no room for a header without obscuring the imagery. So I scaled down much of the design elements in the spread and reshuffled parts to allow space for a header. All the spreads I'd looked at from similar magazines used headers to tell the reader what type of spread it was (e.g. - review, timeline, coming soon etc).

I feel I've significantly improved the overall design. The proportions look better and the header and I think the header and footer add a professional feel to the spread. They also give the reader useful information. However the only problem is that I can't find space for the fact file about the game which has vital information such as it's name, price and availability. I need to keep working at it to get this feature into the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment