Friday 9 September 2011

If You Come To London, You Must See..

After experimenting with some layout ideas for the Tunbridge Wells guide I've started to lose a bit of interest in the concept. Partly because the tourist attractions in Tunbridge Wells aren't very strong once you've done the three main ones (The Pantiles, The High Rocks and the Spa Valley Railway). Even with 5 attractions I feel like I'm clutching at straws a bit with things like the shopping center and the museum.

So I've opted for a change of location to somewhere with much more tourist appeal: London. London has a ton of well known, interesting tourist attractions and iconic monuments. I think I could have more fun designing something based around this ideas as I could experiment with the iconography and get some really good photos.

Possible Places to Include:
  • Big Ben
  • London Eye
  • Buckingham Palace
  • Tower Bridge
  • Tower of London
  • Piccadilly Circus
  • Trafalgar Square
  • St Paul's Cathedral
  • The Gerkin
  • Shakespeare Globe
  • Marble Arch
  • Golden Hinde 
I'd quite like to make a spread that focuses on all the 'must see' famous buildings in London that tourists would be interested in. Basically the top sites from that list.
This is a layout idea I was quite interested in. Taking all the iconic sights of London and creating like a collage across the spread with short discriptions next to each image like labels. I think this would be more visually interesting than just having photos in boxes and a less formal approach which should attract a wider audience. I also think it could add a sense of fun into seeing the sights if arranged in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment